DevCom Account

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

FAQ: Admission - BS: How can I apply for a BS degree in UPLB as a non-regular student?

Non-Degree Students

A degree holder or undergraduate student who is not currently enrolled in any other institution of higher learning may be allowed to take credit courses on the graduate and/or undergraduate level, respectively, provided that this student satisfies the appropriate requirements for admission to the University. He shall not be allowed to enroll for more than one semester, except by special permission of the Dean of the college concerned and the University Registrar.

Since he does not follow any organized program of study, a non-degree student is not a prospective candidate for graduation for any degree in the University.

Special Students

A mature student, even if he does not fully satisfy the entrance requirements, may be admitted as a special student and may enroll for such subjects which, in the opinion of the instructor and the Dean, he has the necessary information and ability to pursue profitably. He shall not be allowed to enroll for more than 9 units a semester or to register for more than two years, except by special permission of the Dean. Subjects taken shall be non-credit although his work may be reported at the end of each semester as "satisfactory" or "unsatisfactory".


Rejoining students (those not enrolled during the immediately preceding semester, excluding summer session and who did not obtain clearance from the University) should first secure written permission from the college where they were last enrolled. They would then proceed to the University Health Service for a physical and medical examination before registering in their respective colleges.

Former students who secured clearance from the University must reapply for admission at the Office of the University Registrar. Students who have attended another institution since attending the University of the Philippines must qualify on the same basis as new transfer students.

last updated 6 years ago